On July 9, 2020, the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) issued official document No.
15/2020 / TT-BTTTT, which officially promulgated the new technical regulation for lithium batteries in handheld
devices (mobile phones, tablets and laptops) : QCVN 101:2020 / BTTTT, which will take effect on July 1, 2021.
Official documents stipulate:
1. QCVN 101:2020 / BTTTT is composed of IEC 61960-3:2017 (performance) and TCVN 11919-2:2017
(safety, refer to IEC 62133-2:2017). MIC still follows the original operation mode, and lithium battery
products can meet safety requirements only.
2. QCVN 101:2020 / BTTTT added shock and vibration tests to the original technical regulations.
3. QCVN 101:2020/BTTTT (the new standard) will replace QCVN 101:2016/BTTTT (the old standard) as
of July 1, 2021
1. The lithium battery that has obtained the test report of the old standard can be updated to the report of the new
standard by adding the test of the difference item of the old and new standard
2. At present, no laboratory has obtained the test qualification of the new standard. The customer can
conduct the test and issue the report in the designated laboratory in Vietnam according to THE
IEC62133-2:2017 standard. When the new standard comes into effect on 1 July 2021, reports based on IEC
62133-2:20:17 will have the same effect and authority as reports based on QCVN101:2020/BTTTT tests
Post time: Apr-13-2021